| Glendalough |
| There was a hole in the wall :) |
Glendalough (pronounced Glen-da-lock) is the ruins of a
monastery founded in medieval times by St. Kevin, it is from about the 6th century and it is still beautiful! It was one of the most peaceful places I’ve been to. We started on a
nature walk and then ended up on the site. It was totally quiet with these
really old broken down buildings around. It was extremely beautiful. I was able
to take a bunch of pictures of my team here, so enjoy J
| Me in front of some of the ruins |
Glendalough is near Bray right below Dublin. It’s a really
beautiful city, and all the more so because of the people that live there. We
lived with an older couple name John and Yvonne, and they had two kids still
living with them, Antony and Imelda. This particular couple housed eight of us
Netters and then asked another family to take two more down the road. But even
so, they fed us every meal that we needed. We had a GREAT time with them, they
made sure we got to go to Mass everyday that we stayed with them, and we even
got to go to adoration multiple times as well. They were so concerned with our
well being, and prayed for us all the time. It was such a blessing to get to
stay with them. They truly offered up their home to us and gave us everything
they had. One of my other teammates has a picture of all of us with them, and I
wish I could post it on here but I don’t have it. But if you remember to, pray
for John and Yvonne and family, they truly made us feel at home.
| There was a beautiful grave, a Sacred heart in the middle of a celtic cross |
This was the second part of last week. The first part of this week I moved in with
an American family that lived in castleknock (about 15 minutes outside of Dublin). They moved from America about 4 years ago, and this lady
(her name was Tracy) can cook! The first night we had spaghetti Bolognese, the
second night we had tacos and quesadillas (she was from texas so she understood
that Mexican food was like a separate food group for me) and then the third
night she made us Chicken Fried steak. OH it was AMAZING. She made us chocolate
chip pancakes with Jim bean maple syrup, and they were fantastic. The Lord
really blessed me by allowing me to go to her house, she had just come back
from America and had brought a whole suitcase of American food with her, and
was very willing to share. We had a fantastic time with some real americans. Its was really different not to have to explain things. We even got to have 1/2 a twinky. Mind you, I don't even really like twinkies, but when an american in ireland offers you a twinky, you take it and you love every moment of it.
| Captain Canada (Devan) is on the right, with laura, mike, me, christophe, Gaby, Teallia, and Shelia |
We were fortunate enough to get to go iceskating while we were staying in these host homes. We have a guy on our team whose life is Hockey and it was a real joy to see him get out on the ice in one of a VERY few ice skating rinks in ireland. We also had one guy on team who is from Trinidad who has never been iceskating before in his life, but he did pretty good for a first time! Either way, we all had a great time together!
| Gabby and I again, learning to skate backwards |
So that about catches us up! I hope you enjoyed the Blog!! Catch y'all next time!!
PTL!
Love,
Annie
love all of it. especially the twinkie part. and i will do my bestie best to email you by Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteAnnie Boo, what JOY it is for me to read your words. I hear your voice while reading, it is like you are talking to me. JOY! I love hearing where you are, what you are doing, who you are meeting. Know that we really do pray for the things you ask us to pray for, and we really do MISS YOU! Do let me know if you get to go to England at all, since my sister is there near London in Tonbridge. Love and hugs from texas to you, and your team members too. Is there anyway for us to send you a care package?
ReplyDeleteAw Jeez mama Jay it is SO SO nice to hear all of these things from you!! yeah if you want to send me a care package I can give you the address, or my ma can, either one. I really miss all of you, thank you so much for you prayers, I pray for you guys as well! I probably won't go to London unfortunately, I am going to backpack around italy and france for Christmas, and unfortunately thats about all I will have time for :/ but oh darn right? ha well anyways, I hope you are having a fantastic day! LOVE YOU!!! <3
DeleteLoved the entry! I look forward to hearing of your weekly travels.
ReplyDeleteSo SO enjoyed the Skype!
Love and prayers to you and your team!
Mom